Civil Rights Litigation
We stand for truth, justice and the American way
Together we stand!
Together we fight!
Together we demand our equal rights!
In the American system of justice, too many cases slip through the cracks — barred by failure to report the incident in time or inability to produce a legally sufficient level of proof. Procedural and substantive hurdles can be surmounted at the Law Office of Richard Harris Rosenberg. With 45 years of experience, Richard Harris Rosenberg thoroughly understands civil rights laws and can handle state and federal claims. We are proud to provide our clients with insightful advice and sound logic as they pursue justice through the legal system.
Advocating for your individual freedoms
The freedom to speak your mind and assert your rights is granted to you as an American through the U.S. Constitution and the Bill of Rights. Your rights are constitutionally protected and incorporated against the state under the 14th Amendment. If you believe your rights have been violated, we encourage you to schedule an appointment with the Law Offices of Richard Harris Rosenberg. We handle claims relating to:
- First Amendment — freedoms of religion, speech, press, petition, peaceable assembly and association
- Second Amendment — right to bear arms
- Third Amendment — refusal to quarter of soldiers
- Fourth Amendment — protection against unreasonable search and seizure
- Fifth Amendment — protection against self-incrimination and double jeopardy
- Fifth Amendment — due process
- Sixth Amendment — right to fair and speedy trial by jury
- Seventh Amendment — right to trial by jury in some civil cases
- Eight Amendment — refusal to pay excessive fines, concede to jail time or undergo cruel and unusual punishment
- Ninth Amendment — unspecified rights reserved to the states
- 10th Amendment — limitation of federal powers to those defined within Constitution
- 14th Amendment — right to due process and equal protection, incorporated against the states
Advocating for your constitutional protections
Discrimination claims are sometimes difficult to prove. The failure to file your claim with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) within the statutory filing period may cost you the right to have your case heard. Contact the Law Office of Richard Harris Rosenberg at 212-586-3838 as soon as possible when you have suffered discrimination related to:
- Age (ADEA)
- Disability (ADA)
- Equal compensation (Title VII, EPA, Lily Ledbetter Act, FLSA)
- Genetic information (Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008)
- National origin (Title VII)
- Pregnancy (Title VII, FMLA)
- Race or ethnicity (Title VII)
- Religion (Title VII)
- Gender (Title VII)
- Sexual harassment (Title VII)
- Workplace retaliation (Title VII, ADEA, ADA, EPA)
Contact a civil rights attorney advocating for you
Seek the advice of Richard Harris Rosenberg in New York, New York. We look forward to helping you pursue your civil rights claim before state and federal courts throughout the United States.
Call us to schedule a free initial consultation at 212-586-3838 or contact us online.